Wednesday, February 15, 2012

IWD Poster Update

As time draws to a close and IWD (International Women's Day) fast approaches I wanted to take this time to share the progress of my poster thus far.

Firstly, here is a look at the paint stage with larger areas of colour filled in with not much detail to it yet.

work in progress

I am planning on staying with a very graphical, solid blocks of colour style, while trying to capture a sports poster feel to it. To accomplish this you can see I have used a white boarder or frame area on the bottom and right side. You can also see that I have my subject breaking through that boarder to help empathise her movement and create a little visual tension.

As I have progressed I have added minor details and some type elements.

Type done

As I continued to paint I have gone back and forth with just how much detail to put into her facial features and after many, many long hours of debate (not so easy with only one debater), I have decided to not add detail to her. Adding to much detail to just this one part of the painting I feel will take away from my over all look I am trying to reach.

For the type elements I know I had the option to leave these areas blank and add them in digitally during post production but this is what I always do. So, I decided to paint them in. More to challenge myself to step out of my digital comfort zone than for any other reasons. All in all, I like what I have done and I'm glad I did take the digital easy way.

All that is left is to finish it off with.... well that's for another post. I can't give everything away.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment