Monday, April 16, 2012

Digital Landscape rendering of Alaskan Mountains

Good day. Today I would like to share with you a landscape rendering I did in Photoshop CS5. The image is a representation of what I am hoping will be the type of views I find on my upcoming trip to Alaska. To start I put down a large block of colour to start the base layer of my water.


Digital Landscape 1, Alaska

Next I started filling in the shoreline and put a lone boulder in the water to help add some depth.


Digital Landscape 2, Alaska

Ok, things down here are progressing well so next I started on the sky and clouds.


Digital Landscape 3, Alaska

Starting to really look good and I've managed to keep my brush stokes fairly loose with no outlines. Next we need some mountains.


Digital Landscape 4, Alaska

So with everything starting to fill in I only have a couple more elements to add. Snow capped peaks, a tree line and some clouds coming through the mountain passes.

Digital Landscape 5, Alaska

Ok, looking good. But the water needs something. How about some reflections of the clouds.


Digital Landscape Final, Alaska

Not bad for a loose technique. I hope you like it. I will post more landscapes soon and watch for my photo sets from Alaska coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment